This post is about “must have” books for Latter-day Saints who are interested in the relationship between Mormon theology and science. I’ve compiled a list of books that LDS scholars should consider acquiring and reading, especially those who fashion themselves as experts on Restoration theology and science. Some of these are out of print and may be hard to find.
Please respond if you know of a book that should be added to the list.
List of Books Covering LDS Theology and Science
1. Of Heaven and Earth: Reconciling Scientific Thought with LDS Theology (Clark)
2. Science, Religion, and Mormon Cosmology (Erich Paul)
3. Science and Mormonism (Melvin Cook & Garfield Cook)
4. Earth: In the Beginning (Eric Skousen)
5. Science and Your Faith in God (Henry Eyring et al.)
6. Joseph Smith as Scientist (Elder John A. Widtsoe)
7. Truth and Science: An LDS Perspective (Dave Collingridge)
8. The Case for Divine Design (Frank Salisbury)
9. Divine Engineering (David Brems)
10. Mormons and Science: Setting the Record Straight (Rodney Brown)
11. Mormon Scientist: The Life and Faith of Henry Eyring (Henry J Eyring)
12. (Your recommendation)